Values We Live By:
At Wellsprings, we strive to exemplify the Quaker essentials of seeing the good in each person, honesty, integrity, simplicity, equality, peaceful resolution of conflict, and working together in community.
We believe in:
- The power of affirmation
- The power of community
- The power of self-regulation
- The power of nurturing
- The power of teaching “outside the box”
- The power of relationships
- The power of non-violence
- The power of silence
- The power of simplicity
- The power of acceptance
- The power of walking lightly on the earth
- To hire as staff only people with the personal level of maturity to support the growth of each student.
- To mutually decide with prospective students if this school is a good match for them, being open to accept and give a chance to students as much as possible.
- To make education at Wellsprings an opening up, not a filling up; and to take the time to get to know each student and her/his individual learning needs.
- To nourish a community where each person feels accepted and appreciated, and physically and emotionally safe.
- To use dialoguing and problem-solving to deal with any issues that arise in the community.
- To help our students develop an internal sense of responsibility rather than relying on externally imposed controls.
- To assure delight in the ethnic, cultural, and social class diversity among our students and staff, and recognize that every individual experiences the world in a unique way.
- To assure that our educational practices are in harmony with the Earth and with natural processes; to learn about sustaining the intricate, subtle and powerful web of life within and all around ourselves.